- Poultry Show Class: American Class
- Weights: Hen—–7 lbs Rooster——8 lbs
Pullet—5 lbs Cockerel—-6 lbs
- Purpose -Dual Purpose: Egg laying and meat production
- Egg Shell Color -Brown
- Egg Production – 180-240 eggs per year. (*estimates only, see FAQ)
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to feet
- Country of Origin – United States (New Jersey)
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection in 1910
- ALBC: Recovering Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
- Breeder Farm Source: “Cackle Hatchery® Poultry Breeding Farm” investing over 40 years of developing our bloodline or strain of Partridge Plymouth Rock.
Good layers. Docile. Very Beautiful.
These are beautiful chickens. I ordered these two years ago from cackle hatchery and have only lost one of the seven I received (a fox got her). These are very healthy chickens. Good layers. They tamed down very easily and were definitely big pets. Will follow you anywhere. They like water for some reason. Mine will not stay out of it. The rooster is very docile and the biggest pet out of the flock. Very striking in the yard. Many compliments about how beautiful they are.
Big Betty, beautiful large egg layer but a meanie!
Large beautiful hen and lays large eggs even several double yolkers, but she is mean to others in my variety flock!
Love this breed
Please bring these back for 2017 season.