Build a better life for your chickens! Join Lisa Steele, chicken keeper extraordinaire and founder of Fresh Eggs Daily, to learn how to build just about everything you might need for your coop. Whether you’re a DIY novice looking for an easy win or a more experienced builder looking for chicken-specific projects, you’ve come to the right place!
The chapters are packed with a variety of ideas, covering every skill level:
- The Basics: Lisa will tell you what tools you need, the ins and outs of pallets, and a few special skills.
- Quick and Easy Projects: Get started with projects that take minutes or hours, not days! From a decorative cutting board coop sign and paned window coop mirror to more functional projects like a clothespin herb drying rack and dropping board, you’re sure to find the right starter project.
- Handy Projects: Ready to take on a slightly more challenging build? For example, try the removable coop ladder roost, feed dolly, chick-sized jungle gym, or chicken-proof herb garden.
- Pallet Projects: What’s better than DIY projects? DIY projects made from free wood! Use pallets in all forms for the projects in this chapter. For instance, make a coop tool holder, chick roosting bar, swinging bench, feeding station, compost bin, and so much more.
- Weekend Projects: More time doesn’t necessarily mean frustrating or too difficult. These ambitious projects in this chapter include a sliding barn coop door, a-frame integration pen, and a roadside egg stand.
You’re sure to have fun as you create a coop and run that’s the envy of your neighbor’s flock.