- Poultry Show Class: American Class
- Weights: Hen ——-6 1/2 lbs Rooster——8 1/2 lbs
Pullet——-5 1/2 lbs Cockerel—–7 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Egg Shell Color: Brown
- Egg Production: 200-280 eggs per year (estimates only, see FAQ)
- Egg Size: Large-Extra Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 85-90%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Variable
- Mating Ratio: 10 Females to 1 Males
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States (New England)
- APA: Yes, Recognized by American Standard of Perfection in 1935.
- ALBC: Watch chicken breed status, A Sustainable Heritage Chicken Breed.
- BREEDER FARM SOURCE: Cackle Hatchery® Poultry Breeding Farm has been developing our bloodline or strain of pure New Hampshire since 1945.