These cards allows you to play multiple card games as well as learn the different types of breeds of chickens. Great for kids and adults too. Makes a great stocking stuffer for Christmas.
52 cards- Each suit of cards has 13 different pictures of Cackle Hatchery’s® chicken breeds.
Here are some instructions for the several different card games you can play including the Chicken Match, Go Hatch and Old Rooster card games.
Chicken Match Game
1. Shuffle your new Cackle Hatchery® playing cards, then lay the cards face down in multiple rows within each player reach.
2. The first player can turn over any two cards, if the two breeds match, keep them and look them over to learn a new chicken breed and go again.
3. If they don’t match, turn them back over then continue to the next player.
4. The game is over when all the cards have been matched.
5. The player with the most chickens in their flock wins!
GAME TIP! Make sure to remember what Cackle Hatchery® breed is on each card and where it was!
Go Hatch Game
1. Shuffle your new Cackle Hatchery® playing cards, then deal 7 cards to each player. Spread the remaining cards out within each player’s reach. This creates the “Henhouse”
2. Players can look at their cards but must keep them a secret. If they have a pair of breeds the player can set those cards face up next to them.
3. On your turn, you must ask another player if they have a breed that matches one of yours.
4.If that player has the breed you asked for they must give you that card. You may then place your pair face up next to you.
5.If the player does not have the breed you asked for they say “Go Hatch” and you choose a card from the Henhouse. If you draw a breed that matches one of yours, place that pair face up next to you.
If you didn’t then add that breed to your hand.
6. Continue these steps until one player runs out of cards. The person with the most chickens in their flock wins!
GAME TIP! Try asking new players each turn.
Old Rooster Game
1. Add one of your Polish Cackle Hatchery® cards in the deck. Place the other Polish card aside, it will not be used for this game.
2. Shuffle your new Cackle Hatchery® playing cards. Deal all the cards face down. Some players may end up with more cards, this is okay.
3. Each player sorts their breeds into pairs then places them face up next to them.
4. The players take their additional cards and fan them out in their hands. Make sure to keep your cards a secret.
5. The dealer offers their cards spread out and face down to the player on their left to pick a card, if that matches one of their breeds, they can place them face up next to them. If not,
the card is kept in their hand and their turn ends.
6. That player offers their card spread out and face down to the player on their left to pick a card and so on going left around the table.
7. Continue with each player until all pairs have been placed face up.
8. The player still holding the Old Rooster Polish joker card loses the game.
GAME TIP! If you have the Polish Joker card make sure you keep it a secret!